The Realities of Miss Bethie

Friday, March 02, 2007

Moosey Anniversary

Okay, so I have to talk about it.Laughs-a-Lot and I will celebrate one year of bliss, and never a fight. (I ain't stupid--I know we will have fights eventually, but I don't think they will ever be anything serious).I want a ring, I don't think I am getting it--yet. He made the comment about getting it for me when I least expect it. He also "ordered" my present, so I doubt it is a ring.

Besides that, though, I am tickled-pink with what I have gotten him. It isn't anything fancy or cool. It is household things he needs, but doesn't know how to go about getting. Let me also add that LAL loves moose. Yes, the big four-legged animals with huge antlers. Our Christmas tree was full or them. I am giving him moose-themed items. Each item has a little note (hand written on moose notecards!) that goes with it.

For example, he has 3 throw pillows to go on his bed, that has only flat, dull pillows in cases on it. (He has said he needs throw pillows, so I am not just buying what I think he needs!) The pillows are stacked in a a big box. On top of the first pillow, the notes says, "Because you soften all my rough days." The next pillow has a note, "Because you provide peace and tranquility to me." On top of the third pillow, "Because you cushion all my falls." At the bottom of the box, a little more fun, is a note, "Because pillow fights are fun and I want to be well armed."

Another box has a moose picture frame which I hope will house an wonder picture of us in front of the cabin we are taking our wonderful retreat in. Along with this is a note, "Because I can picture spending the rest of my life with you."

Finally, my true find! A gorgeous moose lamp. I know, you are thinking, "A gorgeous moose lamp?" It is perfect, though. It is an elegant bronze of a moose with a tasteful shade. It is my traditional, refined taste, but it is a moose for him! We CAN meld our totally different tastes together! The attached note, "Because you have brightened my life." (I didn't want to sound like Debbie Boone, so there is no mention of lighting up my life!)

Really, I am so excited about his gift, I am not concerned with what he has gotten me.
But that doesn't stop me from begging for hints.

4 Comments:

  • I just happend to stop by to see if you updated and to see if you were still alive and look what I find.
    Not only do I think the gifts are perfect, I thik the notes will mean more than the actual gifts. I actually had tears reading them.
    I know that you have waited so long to find someone like LAL and I am so happy you both found each other.
    Write soon!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:02 PM  

  • P.S. If you guys ever come to visit, I have to take you to this cute little shop called the Muddy Moose.
    There are two stories of an old house made into a store. There are a lot of moose themed itemed, hence the name.
    The one room upstairs is a bathroom and it has the old claw tub with a huge, life sized moose in there with a shower cap on. It is so cute. The girls love to go in that room the most.
    If you are ever need any more moose items, let me know and I will look there for you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:05 PM  

  • The store sounds like something he'd LOVE!
    I would love to eventually have enough Christmas ornaments that he can have his own (and real) Christmas tree in his "Man Land". Mainly moose, but all lodgey and masculine.
    I had a friend who had a lodgey-themed tree and used fishing lures to flush it out more. It was too cool.

    I'll e-mail you soon. I came home from school today after throwing up on the way there. Nothing like being over on the side of a highway thrwping up!

    By Blogger Beth, at 1:50 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Beth, at 1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home