The Realities of Miss Bethie

Thursday, September 07, 2006

More Nesting...More Bliss

Laughs-a-Lot has no kitchen furniture. It was a source of amusement when he had that crappy sofa, but now that we (and by "we" I mean "he") bought the living room set, we wig out whenever Bubbles eats in the living room, the only place to sit (and here, when I say "we" I do, in fact, mean "we.")

An exclusive furniture store is going out of business, so we went there to get something high quality at a discounted price. Nothing. Except a dresser I fell in love with. But we didn't need a dresser.

We went to the place where we bought the living room furniture, and BINGO! We found it. His kitchen space is small, so we found a round table with folding leaves and some great chairs with padded seats that, remarkably enough are comfortable for both of us, despite 1 foot, 2 inch difference between us.

While there, he said to me, "We're going to eventually need to get a bedroom set, too. I don't like mine. I was cheap and I just don't like it anymore."
Loved the "we."

My mind kept going back to that dresser, and also the fact that my current dresser, a beautiful antique rosewood, is useless because the drawers leave wood stains on my clothes and the knobs continually pull out.

I started asking Laughs-a-Lot if he liked the dresser. He assured me he did. I asked if it was a design he could not only live with, but possibly have an entire bedroom suite of similar pieces. He tells me he really liked it.

After kicking it around for a couple days, and talking the store down another $100, I am the proud owner of a fine piece of furniture. Laughs-a-Lot and I are picking it up Sunday. He's glad I am so tickled about it and even said I'd never get this nice of a piece for so little again.

I love my dresser, but I adore my Laughs-a-Lot.

2 Comments:

  • Good lord. You've become so sugary that you could give an elephant diebetes. It's cute. hehe.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:58 PM  

  • Beth,

    It's nice when you get things you want, yes?

    I'm glad to see you so happy.

    I'm so sorry for your recent losses.

    And sometimes it's tough not to be sappy about those we love.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home